Enhance your outdoor home and commercial space with the Corten Steel Cube Planter! This modern steel planter features a rust developed patina finish and a sleek cube design. The planters are crafted from a thick gauge, fully seam welded corten steel base - proven to resist cracking in both winter and summer months. The developed patina finish protects the steel from additional corrosion and exhibits surface rust for design purposes only! In addition, these planters are equipped with styrofoam insulation to help ensure that plants stay healthy in both hot and cold climates. The Corten Steel Cube Planter arrives in their raw unrusted state and will rust with natural exposure to the weather.
- Made from corten steel, only develops surface rust, will never rust through
- Drainage holes included
- Usage: Outdoor only
- Ideal in both residential and commercial settings
- Fully seam welded using thick gauge corten steel
- Perfect balance of durability and design
- Comes with riser feet to allow for optimal drainage and aeration
- Frost and crack resistant for colder climates
- Fully hand welded by expert craftsmen
- Equipped with insulation for root protection during harsh winter and summer months
- Note: All Corten Steel planters are shipped in their raw, unrusted state.
- This product does not ship to Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii
|Product Dimensions:||17"L x 17"W x 18"H||21"L x 21"W x 22"H||27"L x 27"W x 28"H|
|Water Capacity:||2688 oz||5120 oz||10880 oz|
|Planter Weight:||15 lb||25 lb||40 lb|
What is Corten Steel?
Corten is a trade name for a steel alloy material and is a weathering steel. The material is corrosion resistant steel and if left uncoated develops an outer layer patina. This patina protects the steel from additional corrosion. Corten Steel Planters are made to rust and will start showing the signs of rusting if you just put them outside for a couple months and let Mother Nature take its course!
How to make Corten Steel rust faster:
If you want to initiate the rusting quickly, first wash the planter with warm water and soap. This will remove any remnants of oil and the water will react with the metal initiating oxidation (rusting). Next, mix together the following ingredients into a spray bottle, or a fertilizer pump sprayer:
- 16oz Hydrogen Peroxide (Use a fresh bottle)
- 2 oz White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of salt
By using this mixture and lightly spraying the planter 3-4 times a day, you will achieve the fully rusted look in a matter of a few days!
Most Urbilis items may be refunded within 30 days of purchase. Please check your product's page for any return restrictions or potential restocking fees. Made-to-order items, custom orders, and items with requested drainage holes may not be returned. Refunds are provided with considerations to the original outbound shipping costs as well as the restocking fee, if applicable. For our full return policy, please visit our Customer Care page.